September 23, 2009

yeah, so.

Ok. I know.  Stop!  Seriously, I promise not to wait so long between posts. Even though no-one reads it anyway...


So, here it goes...it's gonna be long...so much to say...
D is pretty much potty trained.  He wont go #2 except in his pull up.  I even tried the 'putting the poo in the toilet' trick...he just waived at it as I flushed and said "bye-bye poopie".  Yeah, bye-bye.
He likes to stand now, which is pretty funny because he does not quite have the length to totally make it-but it's just a little bit to clean up.
And, after going (sitting this time) we all cheered and applauded-we are so proud.  He put his left hand out and his right hand over his chest - AND TOOK A BOW.  Really.  It was amazing.


And of course-cannot forget L...but this one is still kinda about D...L was upstairs watching TV.  He must have been sitting on his foot because he called downstairs that his foot was asleep and he could not feel it.  Dad whispered in D's ear...then off D ran to go upstairs shaking his fist in the air "I give you sumfin to feel"  So excited to fight his brother!  We all collapsed in laughter.


L & D stayed the night at nana's the other night.  L was upset about it because nana makes him wear a pull up to bed.  He does not have to at home (we have a waterproof mattress pad-and it's just laundry...thanks dad!!) and I explained that nana does not have the same mattress pad like we do and that if he had an accident he would ruin her mattress.  Yeah, I got the "whatever" look. I told him he needed to talk to nana and maybe he would not have to wear it.  So, after he was home I asked him if he had to wear a pull up.  "No." "Oh, did you talk to her?"  "No, she told me to put one on when I changed into my jammies, but I just didn't and she did not check."  No remorse, no guilt, nothing.  I laughed.  Really hard.


L has homework.  Yep.  From kindergarden.  But it's easy stuff: practice counting to 20...write your name 3 times...draw a picture of your family and label them...the 1st time I told him he needed to count to 20 I really thought HE was going to laugh at ME.  He counts over 100 with little effort, so me asking him to count to 20 was pretty funny.  He does need to work on his writing a little though-but he is only 6!  And he is starting to read a little on his own.  Very impressed!!  Don't worry-I don't think he is gifted :)


D has really taken to getting books read to him lately.  He even asked to go to bed early night before last (about 45 minutes).  I get him up there "read me book?"  "You bet!" Big smiles.  Read a book: "Read nother book?"  Sure. Then, silly me, I thought he was actually tired, so I said "bedtime"  "NO, BOOK"  it took me another half an hour to get him to sleep.  And tonight dad was taking him to bed and he was throwing a fit!  "read me a book?" (with his whiney-fit voice)  Dad:"Yeah, buddy!"   Arms went up and crying stopped.  Like he would do ANYTHING to hear a book.  Too funny!


Hope this tides everyone over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment